Prairie Morning

Hi Meredith,

Yes, the dodging and burning was done in Ps, I find Ps to be a lot more flexible than Lr with things like this because it allows me to use layer masks that can be blurred if I want (which can feather out harder edges), I can adjust the opacity of each layer, I can adjust the opacity of the brush in specific areas, I even use the smudge tool quite often for fine tuning, and the list of pros goes on and on.
It can be done in Lr too but sometimes the number of individual masks can get quite large and almost unmanageable because I often switch between them for final blending tweaks.
Plus, I can use a variety of mask types in Ps, e.g. - exposure or brightness, or contrast, or levels, or color balance, or whatever other treatment that may be more suitable for the image I’m working on at the time.
Ps is also my ‘go to’ tool for cloning.
Personally, I find Ps to be easier to use for most things except individual color adjustments, so for that I like using the HSL and Color Grading panels in Lr or ACR (Adobe Camera Raw which is part of Ps).

Are you familiar with dodging and burning masks in Ps?
If not, there are a few good videos on YouTube that do very well at demonstrating them.

Anyway, I hope you are able to capture this year’s blooms in a way you would like and I hope the weather cooperates for you! :slight_smile:

Welcome to NPN, Meredith. I’m very late to the party here and most has already been said but I certainly wanted to welcome you. I’m looking forward to more of your work. You live in a beautiful area and this image is wetting my appetite for more. What a lovely scene. Thanks for sharing.