Rhesus Monkey on a swing

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

Rhesus Monkey on a swing…upside down.

Specific Feedback

Any …

Technical Details

Canon R 5; 500 mm; ISO 100; 1/500 sec. at f 4

What a great pose - looks like it’s having fun. I’d be tempted to crop out the oof branch TL (and maybe TR too), but it’s a great action shot!

1 Like

I agree with the having fun part - definitely get that vibe. The open mouth is a nice touch, but has it lost part of its tail or are they all this short in this species? North America has no other native primates besides humans (I think) so I’m not well versed in monkey differences. I rather like the branches and leaves overhead, but would clean up a couple on the far left on the edge - just a couple of leaf bits. A joyous image for sure.

1 Like

Jagdeep: this is an excellent capture of one of the activities of daily life of the rhesus monkey. It is very pleasurable to view.

1 Like

This is great, Jagdeep. A very engaging image. If you don’t mind a little cloning, you might remove that out of focus stick in the upper right, but it’s the kind of image that really grabs attention.

1 Like