Scorpius fireworks show

Constellation Scorpius in another Astro wide view image.

Specific Feedback Requested

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Modified Nikon D610
Rokinon 135mm f2 lens

45-2 min light frames,
15 dark, 15 flat, 15 bias
Stacked and stretched in Astropixel,
PP in Capture one, Affinity photo.

Nice image Dan. I wish there was a zoom to this so not sure why that did not happen in the post. This one is hard to tell, be careful of black clipping which is easy to do with astronomical images. It is a nice wide FOV. 2 minute exposures you are using a tracker of some type.

Thanks Dean,
for some reason when I went on the site a few minutes ago , the topics came up with the viewership numbers.
Glad you liked it. 2 people looked at it and only 30 look at the most viewed images… I think the owners should seriously consider their business model since allowing no one to look at images here except members and their are not many.
Unfortunate, this site has the best image posting and quality and ease of use of any site like it.
Open this up, advertise, not too late…
I had no idea how small the audience is,

You are welcome to your opinion Dan, we have made the choice to make the critique section private to members so they feel comfortable sharing in a setting that isn’t open for all the world to see. It’s intimidating enough for new photographers to post here within a small group. We want members to share their work that isn’t the cream of the crop, that’s where real learning can happen, but most don’t want to share their B-roll to everyone, just a select group.

NPN will never be the place to get popular and get the most views, that’s why I hid this statistic for a long time, because of thinking like this. It’s simply not important. What is important is the interactions and the quality of those interactions. I am always working on growing the site while attracting the right members, not just growing for growth’s sake. One quality comment/critique on NPN is worth so much more than 10,000 views and a hundred empty comments you’ll get on Instagram.

3 Likes