South Coyote Buttes Teepees

Critique Style Requested: Initial Reaction

Please share your immediate response to the image before reading the photographer’s intent (obscured text below) or other comments. The photographer seeks a genuinely unbiased first impression.

Questions to guide your feedback

Too inclusive?

Other Information

Please leave your feedback before viewing the blurred information below, once you have replied, click to reveal the text and see if your assessment aligns with the photographer. Remember, this if for their benefit to learn what your unbiased reaction is.

Image Description

Extensive formations in the southern section of Coyote Buttes, centered on Cottonwood Spring, a seasonal water source in a sandy valley on the east side of the main ridge. Reached by sandy tracks that generally need a 4WD vehicle, and explored by relatively easy cross-country hiking, over slickrock and dunes. Part of Vermilion Cliffs National Monument
The South Teepees can be seen at a distance from the north end of Cottonwood Cove. If you enjoy hiking, it’s well worth the effort to get over to them and you’ll be rewarded with images that not many people get!

Technical Details

Canon EOS 5D IV, Canon EF 16-35 mm @ 32mm, f/4.5 @ 1/640 sec, ISO 400; Gitzo tripod, rRS BH 55, remote trigger

Specific Feedback

Whatever you like or dislike.

The subjects the Teepees I’d recommend getting closer to one Teepee to fill the frame more. Perhaps lining them up to create a pattern of Teepees Large to small in the distance to create depth. Love the texture, color, and cloud cover.

Thank you @dgh for your comments and suggestions. In fact that is what I was attempting to do. The largest formation is substantially closer to the camera and out of alignment with the more distant ones. I could not make it any larger without cutting off the smallest teepee in the row.