Summer Spires - composition inadequacies

Wow, that’s a ton of great feedback from everyone. I’ve been too busy to implement any of the suggestions yet, but will certainly take a number of the great ideas into account when I next get back to it. Thanks so much everyone! Great to see NPN 2.0 up and running!

1 Like

I am kind of big picture guy and I agree with Eva that the vertical feels a bit confined to me. Also the comment about the competition in the foreground I agree with. I personally really like the larger image. I have been in your gallery in Estes several times and really appreciate your work.

Eric, this is a nice scene and I like the pointedness of the ridges and the deeper warmth of its reflection. Different things to try? maybe bring down the brightness of the sunlit ridge just a tiny bit. The clouds in the upper left seemed to gray too much from a possible vignette (picking nits). I wonder how having the tripod lower and closer to the flowers would have worked, but not to lose the warm reflection of the mountain.

I like the vertical image by a lot - It feels more natural. I can enjoy the grandness of the scene.

1 Like