Through the Smoke

Through the Smoke

Recent trip to British Columbia, Canada, during the devastating forest fires. Saw some beauty despite the damage that was occurring.

Canon 80D, EF 70-200 F4L, 1/400 at F8, 140 mm, ISO 125

CC on composition, and general appeal.

Hi Mark, you will get a much better response if you post your photo here rather than a link. Plus the link goes to a gallery of images, not just one so we’re not sure which image to even critique.

Good point … I will make those changes. Thanks for that.

1 Like

Mark, these are great conditions to creating a layered mountain type shot. I like how you kept the color subdued and not too saturated. I think a very small crop off the bottom might help, but that may just be my personal taste. I would also consider adding some mid-tone contrast to the mountain layer that is just above the trees. Bumping the lights up here a bit would place a little more emphasis on the shapes of the trees. I would make a subtle change, i don’t think it needs a lot.

1 Like

Like I like to say, beauty can be found everywhere if one chooses to look for it. Great job with the layers here!

1 Like

I love this shot and I love shooting layers. The only thing that pops out to my eye is that there seems to be a brighter orange spot in the lower left corner. Would be a quick clone job in PS. I love the color tones. Nice work.

Thanks for the comments Bobby … I think from the other feedback I am getting, I will crop out some of the bottom of the photo … which will take care of the orange spot … but good catch!