Tree and the Big Dipper

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

I found this view in 2019, and have posted one done with some light painting, but this was a couple of days before I tried painting, just with ambient moonlight.

Specific Feedback

All comments welcome!

Technical Details

Screenshot 2024-03-30 at 3.40.31 PM

Some global tonal tweaks in LR – nothing heroic – and into PS for denoise and some better color balance. Slight crop from the bottom.

1 Like

Love it. I would love to visit that spot and enjoy the stars. I can’t see more than a few where I live.

Very nice, Diane.

Thanks, @Barbara_Djordjevic and @Don_Peters! We are lucky to have reasonably dark skies, but I don’t go out for them as much as I would like. The spot where I was standing was about 50 ft from where a neighbor on a very early morning run came face to face with a mountain lion! She happened to be next to a fallen fence post (from the fence you see) and picked it up and brandished it and the cat slunk away. Another neighbor several years earlier walked out on her deck in the pre-sunrise darkness and a mountain lion jumped out from underneath it.

1 Like