Tripod Hunt

I am also using the FLM system and is very satisfied. It is a German company, the ball heads are still produced there but the tripods are made in China. I have an MFT mirrorless camera. My set-up is tripod CP30-M4 II and ball head CB-43 FT II. At least in Europe you buy each part of the system separately (tripod, ball head, clamp, plates etc.), so you could pick and choose to find a combination that fits your needs (as long as you do not need a center column).

Note that they have both a standard and a quick-release clamp. The quick-release clamp works very well, but it requires that you use the FLM plates. Since I use an L-bracket (from another company), I normally use the standard clamp.

Also note that you have to turn the knob locking the ball maybe more than for many other systems. It locks very well (no sliding), but it is a matter of personal taste if you like it or not.

I have also added a leveling part (LB-15) between the tripod and the ball head. It could be tilted up to 15 degrees, this comes in handy if you quickly want to get the base of the ball head horizontal (instead of trying to adjust the length of the tripod legs).