Two Kings in the clouds

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any!

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Cropped the feet and foreground out of the image, as it was distraction in an otherwise high key photo. Also since they were courting, the male was leaning toward the female, so some straightening was done to minimize the effect.
Nikon D5, Nikkor 70-200F2.8 w/1.7 teleconverter
Taken f8, 1/1250 sec, ISO 800, 340 mm
(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

ig cheryl_a_kuhl

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
3 Likes

Wonderful ! You captured the moment and I love the splash of color in the high key presentation.

I like this image and it is a difficult crop–any higher and you cut off the wings. Color is nice and vibrant. Well done…Jim

Cheryl, This is as good as an image can get. Wonderful expression of these penguins. I can feel the texture on the birds, and the color is perfect. This works perfectly as a high key image. Thanks for sharing and teaching with it.

1 Like

Hi Cheryl, great moment you captured - I can sense the intimacy of this pair. Nice high key exposure. Well done.

1 Like

Great high key composition. The poses, colors, definition-all great. Well done.

1 Like

Cheryl, you sure caught the moment in this portrait. Love the colors, their pose, all of it.

1 Like