Young Buck & rework

Cropped…

This was a couple of Autumns ago at a nature preserve near Rochester, NY where all the animals feel very safe.

Specific Feedback Requested

Anything

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Nikon D3400, ISO 6400, 300mm, 1/320, f/6.3
Applied a slight vignette and a vintage looking filter.

apani.hill
1 Like

This has a nice, intimate atmosphere, Vanessa. I think a tighter crop that eliminates the close tree on the right (that looks like a big fat border) would be a good improvement on this one. The crop could also put the deer a little closer to the left side instead of centered also. I think the vignetting works well in this as it puts the focus on the deer and the spot of light. Looking at the large version, I see it is rather soft, much like your squirrel photo. Some extra sharpening after reducing the photo to posting size would help.

1 Like

Thanks @Gary_Minish for looking and your feedback. I wasn’t sure if I should crop that tree out or not but I’ll have to go back and try that. I’m not sure that I could make it much sharper. Even the big size, both this pic and the chipmunk are grainy, mainly because I have such a high ISO for my camera anyway. It doesn’t do well in dark settings, not a very sensitive sensor.