A couple more from the set up

Carolina Wren

White-breasted Nuthatch

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

Caught this wren and nuthatch yesterday at the set up. Attracted by peanuts.

Specific Feedback

Any

Technical Details

Canon R7, Sigma 150-600mm Contemporary, tripod
ISO 800, f10, 1/500s

Excellent shots, Allen. Looks like you have a great setup, and I appreciate that you shared that you attracted them with peanuts. Nice details in both with a nice smooth BG.

1 Like

Very nice look at both birds. Nuthatch’s somehow seem odd when seen this way rather than upside down. Your Carolina Wren is similar to our Bewick’s Wren . I’ll have to try peanuts and see if they attract the White-Breasted Nuthatch, which are local but don’t come to the feeders like the Red-Breasted.

1 Like

A couple of real beauties, Alan. Excellent image quality in both with nice eye contact.

1 Like

Oooh these are terrific. I love the over the shoulder look from the wren - they are so loud for such a tiny creature. The nuthatch looks sleek as a seal in this photo, something they don’t often present. Really great details in the feathers and I love the perches that give them more of a stage from which to … emote? LOL. I’m going to have to get out and sit in the cold for the birds to come within reach!

1 Like

Great couple of shots, Allen. Perch, position, pose, background all perfect. Who could ask for better. Well done.

1 Like

These are so nice Allen. Love the color and the detail and the catchlight in the eyes. I went to your portfolio and you have an amazing body of work. I really liked the hummingbird moth on the lantana.

1 Like