A February on the beach

An unusually quiet morning for the season in Puerto Rico.

Specific Feedback Requested

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No

2 Likes

This is really about the clouds. I would crop off the bottom thusly:

This looks really good. I really like the foreground with its reflection and lead-in to the distant sky. I might clone out the white cloud on the right edge or at least burn it down and would either crop or clone just that tiny bit of horizontal foam along the bottom edge in the reflection area. Otherwise, looks really good to me.

Clouds and sky are very nice and a nice lead in wave.
It needs a tiny bit of rotation to level the ocean.

I love the colors, the reflection of the clouds and the lines of the waves. I think it is a beautiful image, but I wonder about a crop down from the top. For some reason the image feels a bit tall to me.

I certainly wanted to include everything in the frame, the suggestion of a crop seems very wise to me. The version I like the most is Kelly’s.

Augusto, this image is very well conceived, and the processing looks great, luminosity, contrast and colors all look excellent. I love the reflection of the cloud in the wet sand, and the way the waves in the LRC are pointing at the cloud reflection. Thus I would not recommend making a crop from the bottom, it loses a lot of what appeals to me in the image. While I like your original composition as presented, I also think @kelly_cole suggested crop creates a second composition that works in it’s own right too. Your original comp creates a grand view, and Kelly’s crop creates a more intimate view. I think both versions work pretty well.

My first response to this image was to crop from the top almost exactly as @kelly_cole has done. One of the things I struggle with most in post processing or, for that matter, in composing in the field is being ruthless . By that I mean staying with what in the image is essential and cutting out everything else even though, as in this picture, it might be quite beautiful in and of itself (the lovely wispy cloud in the upper part of the frame). I think Kelly’s crop suggestion takes this image up a notch.

Nice cloud formations and a very nice image overall
I would crop the dark cloud reflection as well as try to bring out some color in the reflected cloud on the right
Others have pointed out the horizon - just a little and a another moinor nit is that little white cloud above the horizol on the right