A Lake and a Mountain

Specific Feedback Requested

Hello photography friends! I was wondering if I could get your feedback on this image - specifically on the composition. I’ve spent some time processing it recently and while I think it’s ‘fine’, I’m wondering if it isn’t a little boring.
Anyway, I would really love to hear your thoughts! Thank you in advance!

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No

3 Likes

There is nothing boring about this beautiful image. I like the composition and everything else about it.

2 Likes

This looks really nice and certainly not boring. I can’t see anything I would change in the comp or processing.

2 Likes

I don’t find this boring at all. There is drama in both tonality and in the usage of color. The composition is solid. Boring is a very subjective notion. What one photographer might find boring another might find delightful. If, say, you’re into abstracts then this might seem boring to you.

2 Likes

@Jim_Gavin , @Harley_Goldman , and @Igor_Doncov - thank you all for your comments and I’m happy to hear that you all think the image has some merit. When I first finished processing it I thought it looked ‘ok’ but for some reason I felt that something was missing and it didn’t excite me. It is growing on me though. :slight_smile:

Happens to me all the time. I hung a print on my wall last year and didn’t like it all year. This year I returned to the house and now really like it. Go figure.

I love it. I think it has a very peaceful look to it. It makes me want to go there and hike around and out to those mountains! Doesn’t look boring at all it looks like a lot of fun!

1 Like

Thank you @Vanessa_Hill ! I’m really glad that you like it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s not boring to me, Tom. You have some wonderful drama and color happening in the sky and I love the spot of color with those rust color grasses in the FG. The three dead trees on that little island also work rather nicely in the scene. My only suggestion; and this is obviously very subjective; would be to darken that main mountain ever so slightly as it’s tone looks a little light in relation to the section just to the left of it. Or maybe dodge that darker section just a tiny bit. Beautiful scene for sure.

1 Like

Thank you @Ed_Lowe ! I will try your suggestion to see how I like it but I think you may be onto something there. :slight_smile: