Afterglow

Sand dunes at twilight

Specific Feedback Requested

Which edit do you all prefer? Any and all feedback is welcome!

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No

@stefanie.goo
7 Likes

Very nice. The first one is my favorite for the subtler tones. Just the right balance of warm and cool. The second is a little too cool IMHO

1 Like

Wow, gorgeous and sensuous. I love your processing; the tones are super. I definitely prefer the top (less blue) version, maybe even with a bit more warmth on the bushes. I could see cloning out that bit of grass along the right side of the frame, but that’s a nit. Really lovely.

The first for sure. The contrasts and the subtlety speak volumes. Beautiful shapes and flow.

One more vote for the warmer image. In addition to being pleased by the temp, that image also contains more of the undulating dunes at the top, and seems to have more beautiful shadows below the bushes.
I found myself wanting to crop the right (and corresponding lower) to eliminate the rightmost vegetation. The result is, to my eye, simpler and allows the eyes to follow deeper into the image more fluidly.

Stephanie
Number 1. Like how the vegitation mounds mirror san dune monds also. Second image seems too cool for my taste. Nice image!

@Michael_Lowe Thank you for the feedback!

@Bonnie_Lampley I’m liking the warmer version as well. I have tried many times (unsuccessfully) to clone out the bits of grass on the right side but I can never get it just right… So I’ve decided to leave it be.

@Kris_Smith Thank you!

@Dick_Knudson Thanks for the feedback. I wish I was able to crop out the bits of vegetation on the right side but I can’t do it in a way that looks natural. As far as cropping goes… I personally think the crop would be to close to the sagebrush. I like the amount of breathing room it has on both sides. So since I have not been able to clone it out successfully - I’ve just decided to leave it as is.

@Mario_Cornacchione Thank you Mario, I appreciate the response!

Hello Stefanie! This is a beautiful photo! Such a great flow to it. Before I saw where it was I actually thought it was snow! So, I like the top one because it seems like it might be closer to what it actually looks like. I’m just guessing. But I like the bottom one because it looks like snow!

@Vanessa_Hill Hi and thank you for the response. Yes, the top is very close to what it looked like in person. I just saturated the colors a bit more. I guess the bottom does look like snow! I enjoy hearing what people think it is. I’ve heard several also say they thought it was sky, clouds and little islands. lol

1 Like

Really well done. I agree that it’s very sensuous. I too, prefer the first image. It’s not only the coolness but also the change in tonality that weakens the 2nd image. But the first one … is a knockout.

1 Like

Stefanie, a very nice small scene with as very pleasing softness and flow. I prefer the first one (if it would have been snow, I had chosen the second one).

1 Like

The first one all the way, for the reasons mentioned by @Igor_Doncov. Stephanie outstanding work on this, your choice of composition really capitalizes on the gorgeous light that you had. You should be very proud of this image, it is a real winner.

1 Like

Beautiful and I much prefer the first one. Excellent work.

1 Like

Another vote for the first image, Stephanie. It has the perfect balance of warm and cool tones IMO. The lighting is exquisite as are the graceful curves of the dunes. I would definitely try and clone out those grasses along the right edge. Wonderful job on this!

1 Like

Lovely image. As everybody else, shot #1. Just perfect. I do not find the grass on the right side distracting at all. Gives the story some continuation…

1 Like

I’ll just keep it rolling; the first image for me too. Just lovely.

1 Like

Nice composition, Stephanie. I much prefer 1 for the warmth.

1 Like

Beautiful scene.
I like the first image best, but was tented to blend some color from the second one.
(Try to, but images aren’t exactly equal)

1 Like

Beautiful image Stephanie! Definitely the first image has my vote.

1 Like

Content Aware Fill gets rid of the grass on the right without cropping. If not perfect, a little clobe stamping can get the texture back the way you like it.

1 Like