Dunes

Inside the dunes. Lighting was perfect at sunset. Soothing yet dynamic looking at these in person.

Specific Feedback Requested

Comp but processing especially as I found it challenging to get the feel of the scene.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
200mm, f/9. 1/2000, iso 3200

1 Like

It seems that you have had a really nice tour to the sand dunes. This is one more interesting image! I could understand this image where not that easy to post-process. It is a matter of personal taste, but the white area is a little bit too white for me. I down-loaded the file to try to find out how to make adjustments, but did not come up with any good results so I could not give any hands on advice.

I like S-curves so for me you could eventually have included a little more of the left side (and there seems to be another S-curve to the right :slight_smile: )

One of @Lon_Overacker ’s comments used to be - if you’re going to include something then mean it (or words to that effect). I think that applies to the white stripe on the very bottom. I would crop it out.

1 Like

I would too. A scroll crop makes this even stronger. Splendid shot.

This is a rare occurrence for NPN, a sand dune image that’s not from Death Valley.

The light is dramatic and you have some great U-shapes, and diagoinal lines. But here is another vote for @Igor_Doncov advice to deliberately crop away the bottom. If there was more of it, it might be an effective framing element. But in the center it comes uncomfortably close to the frame edge, which is a minor distraction.

The Lightroom clipping warnings show the highlights on the left side are clipped, I might try pulling them back slightly.

Thank you @Ola_Jovall @Igor_Doncov @Kris_Smith @Ed_McGuirk . Ed and Igor, rework is cropped and white clipping resolved

Perfection!

Or darn close to it. Print it.