Almost gone

I have been photograph this tree quite a number of times. on that day, it was middle of the day, and shadow of its tree attracted my eyes and try to make a photograph.

Self Critique (click to reveal)

I was really excited while was taking photos but idea still seems to be great but could really show off its beauty

Technical Details

This looks great, Jungyook. Having the transition from the trunk’s shadow to the branches shadow at the grass edge does a good job of emphasizing that transition. The nicely rounded top looks elegant against the green grass at the top.

1 Like

I love it!!!

Jungyook, This is a wonderful scene. I think this does show off the beauty and greatness. A very imaginative image, well done.

Beautiful image. The grass is more or less in the shape of a tree crown, like the shadow having green leaves.
Looking at the fallen blossom, I wonder what tree it is. A paulownia?

Hi Jungyook,

First off, I really really like this scene. It is beautiful and original. The composition is great in that you have all the purple flowers for interest in the bottom section, and then the grass starts right where the branches do, mimicking leaves on the tree. Super cool.

I know it’s tempting to push the blacks/shadows so hard when the subject is the shadow of the tree, but I think you can pull it back a little bit to be slightly more subtle and less obvious, and it would still stand out enough. It’s almost too strong to where it feels forced right now. I think the greens could be slightly desaturated as well to make them look more natural. Especially the top strip above the shadow next to the top edge.

Hope this helps!

Your friend,
Eric

Fabulous photo. Your eye caught something wonderful and you made a great photo.