An oldie but goodie

Taken at Lee Vining Creek on an October day.

2 Likes

Beautiful color…nice window to guide the eye through the scene. It’s just a wee bit off-center which creates a bit of “tension” as a viewer. Colors look beautiful, accurate, and well-controlled - something I find difficult in fall color. Luminance is a bit bright in the leaves with direct light…are any of them blown out? As I study this image, I see that this must have had a high degree of dynamic range. Demonstrating this as a “high key/low contrast” scene seems to be a tool one can use to calm the scene to the eyes when dynamic range is high as this must have been. I think this is well done…my only nit is the placement of the “window” just off-center. Thanks for sharing! Getting excited about fall!

Oh yeah, Igor. I can certainly see why it’s a favorite. The lush colors and off-center framing of the opening work quite well. I think your exposure makes for a cheerful somewhat high-key effect tending to evoke a subtle misty atmosphere without going overboard. I initially thought this could lend itself to a vertical comp, which would be of interest to me, but the landscape does offer a pleasingly open feel and a pleasure to view.

@Jim_McGovern, @Bill_Leggett. This was shot about a month after I purchased my first DSLR, the Canon 6D. I wasn’t very knowledgable back then and shot this as a jpeg. As a result there is limited processing that can now be done.

Igor,

A fantastic, gorgeous, autumn classic from the East Side. I think the bright vibrance works beautifully here; including the hotter middle. I wouldn’t change a thing. Awesome entry to the WC.

Lon

Gorgeous, Igor. I’m particularly fond of the way the trunks picked up the yellow glow from all the leaves. For me, this image creates an interesting contrast as I usually think of “fall” as a cool time and this is an incredibly warm image-and that’s a good thing in my book.

Igor, in “doing moderator stuff”, I have managed to delete my earlier comment, so I’ll do it again…

The golden glow here is terrific. The window through the trees and the way it emphasizes the 4 trunks does a great job of inviting me to want to go exploring in these golden woods. Having that window slightly off center works very well for keeping a dynamic feeling in the viewing.

Igor, love the golden color to this one. Makes the perfect subject for back lighting theme too…:sunglasses:

Many congratulations, Igor, on the EP !!! A wonderful exercise in colour harmonies.