Before their fall.

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

In the park across the street.

Specific Feedback

Seeking any and all advice and comments. Thanks in advance.

Please view the large image!

Technical Details

Canon R7, 1/250 s, f/6.3, ISO 1600, SIGMA 100-400mm F5-6.3 C @ 202 mm, CPL.

1 Like

Beautiful - I love the glimpses of dark branches through the leaves. My only suggestion would be to crop from the left to eliminate the barely visible crotch of the big tree near the LLC. To my eye, it breaks the rhythm of the angled branches:

I like the patterns created by the yellow/orange leaves versus green leaves. To me the image is a study in form and colors and not so much about the literal subject. Very nice.

Hello Ronald, This image is lovely! I love how the yellow and orange leaves dance through the frame, with the green leaves and branches as counterpoint. There is one edit you could make, and that is to use the remove tool in Photoshop to take out that very dark branch a little ways up on the left. It is a distraction. I’ve attached a screenshot with it circled.

Thank you @Bonnie_Lampley, @DeanRoyer and @Susanna_Euston for your comments. I will address that branch!

The subdued lighting was perfect and the color combination is gorgeous, Ronald. Other than the already mentioned limb I have no suggestions. Beautifully done!

Thank you, Ed. I enjoyed your first Twist and Turns particularly.

Ron

Great idea Ronald. With so many great fall color shots out there, shooting this tree early captures the first stages of beauty. Gives me ideas about shooting our local trees here in S California. I like shooting fall on the other end of the colors as well, expecially blown-off Aspen groves, with forests of naked white trunks and patches of color.

Thank you, @james7. Our (Maryland) fall was long and lovely this year.