Artist on the stage

Critique Style Requested: In-depth

The photographer has shared comprehensive information about their intent and creative vision for this image. Please examine the details and offer feedback on how they can most effectively realize their vision.

Self Critique

What would be the ideal sutter speed to capture lip sing with tail movement in freeze formate…

Creative direction

What can be improve on the technical aspect or idea of processing which can enhance this image far better then now…,

Specific Feedback

Conceptional

Technical Details

Camera :- fujifilm crop sensor x mount 230mm focal length,
Aperture :- F6.7
White balance :- auto
Sutter speed :- 1/80 s
Raw image without procesing,

Description

I usually roming around the jungle in weekend with camera also to collect foilage to feed my goats and at the time when i got opportunity to shot wildlife event i wont miss it, with what gear i have i attempt try which really makes me mortivated to keep shooting,

Hi Ram: You were asking about lenses earlier and I just looked at telephotos compatible with the Fuji X-mount. The two that looked best for birds were the Fuji 150-600 and the Tamron 150-500. With a crop sensor camera either one would be very adequate for birds.

As far as this image goes, my eye immediately goes past the bird to the brighter background-something that’s difficult to avoid in those circumstances. You can approach that in several ways: Expose for the bird, if that’s your subject. that would make the background very bright, but would help make it less distinguishable. If you had flash with sufficient range, you could add light to the bird that way, which would make it brighter compared to the background. You might be able to move to put a darker part of the jungle in the background.

As far as camera settings go, to stop a bill and that tail, you’d probably want a shutter speed around 1/1000. You should shoot with the widest aperture your lens will give you which helps blur the background and gives you the maximum amount of light so you can get your shutter speed up.

In post processing, if the detail on the bird is adequate, you can crop in quite a bit to focus attention on the bird. You can brighten the bird and darken the background, though it would be difficult to go far enough on this particular image since the background is so much brighter than the bird. There are also ways in which you can blur the background without blurring the bird which can help in situations like this.

I hope this helps. Keep on shooting.

1 Like