Asian Elephant after heavy rains

This image was captured more than 12 years ago with Canon 40D, when I processed it recently, I was wondering if modern technologies are really adding th the IQ of the image?

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Canon 40D; 70-200 mm; ISO 200; 1125 sec. at F 4.

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

Jagdeep, I don’t see how this could be improved on, even with a newer model camera. Great shot. I love the face on shot. They are amazing animals.

This is a great elephant close-up, Jagdeep! The quality is excellent as is the composition. I suspect the biggest advantage of the newer digital cameras is the low light performance, particularly regarding dynamic range and higher ISO ranges with lower noise. The older cameras did quite good when there was good light as there apparently was for this shot. Overall resolution has also increased.

1 Like

Excellent, Jagdeep. I really like the close crop in this case and the hint of other elephants in the background. Detail is excellent. The 40D was a very good camera. I sometimes regret giving mine away.

1 Like