Asian Elephant taking dust bath

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Canon 5D4; 500 mm; IsSO 640; 1/1000 sec. at F 4.5

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
2 Likes

Impressive! The dust plume is awesome. I like this as presented…Jim

1 Like

They look so happy Jagdeep. The color tint feels so realistic and natural. . .just curious if you did any adjustments or is this the natural atmosphere there? Wonderful photo.

1 Like

Thanks friends !
The color stint is very much natural, it’s golden sand against morning light.

1 Like

Jagdeep, I just don’t see how it can be improved, it can’t get much better than this! I really am enjoying the curve of the sand in the air, and how the morning sun is shining through it. Wonderful image, and the elephants look like they were enjoying it, and now you can continue enjoying it by printing and hanging it in a prominent place. :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Hi Jagdeep! Beautiful image! I love the gold tone of the morning light and how it blends and enhances everything. I can only agree with the other comments - the arc of the dust plume, the elephant’s expressions, the beautiful light. Well done!

1 Like

Jagdeep: it’s a classic and a wall hanger as well . Great work! Richard

1 Like

Not much to add to what the others have said. Love it.

What wonderful action and light! Amazing.

1 Like

Love the stop action, the happy emotional feeling, the great detail and lighting! An exceptional photo, Jagdeep! Out of curiosity, was this a single, perfectly timed shot or the best pick from a sequence as you held the shutter button down?

Thanks Gary!
I used to take a burst of each dust bath, in this particular case, all the frames look good and workable.

A wonderful shot indeed. The frozen movenment, the light and color in the sand… Great. Makes me want to be there.

Great image, Jagdeep.