Morning Dust Bath

Specific Feedback Requested

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Canon 5D4; 500 mm; ISO 800; 1/320 sec. at f 4.5

jagdeeprajputphotographie
3 Likes

A dust bath! And I think you’ve captured elephant happiness. The perfect addition of the little one, the sun rays in the dust and the spray formation itself. Wow. It all came together. Great timing and great skill. I might have left a little more room on the top, but that’s all I can see here to pick on. :grinning:

1 Like

Beautiful image, Jagdeep! The big elephant looks like she’s smiling! I like that you can kind of see the baby under her. I love that it’s in black and white too. This must be so neat to see in the wild!

1 Like

Jagdeep, seeing the adult’s head with it’s open mouth through the big circle of dust looks great. The smaller elephant adds well to the story with the crepuscular rays shown by the dust adding even more. This is outstanding in b&w.

1 Like

Looks like that elephant is having a heck of a good time playing in the dirt. Excellent image and capture of the mood and emotion.

1 Like

Black and White was an inspired choice. It would never work as well in colour.

1 Like

Pretty awesome, Jagdeep. Love that ring of dust surrounding her. I’m curious if you’ve tried boosting the contrast (or dodging, if you’re into that) a bit to brighten the dust ring at all. It’s possible that may present a more extreme look than you’re going for, but I can’t help but think it would emphasize the strongest part of this image (IMO) even more.

Thanks @Max_Waugh !
No, I just tried to enhance the rays in a subtle way, but I’m learning some new techniques, will try what you suggested.

1 Like