Asian Elephant with some early morning breakfast

Specific Feedback Requested

Any

Technical Details

Canon R 5; RF 100-500 mm; ISO 250; 1/650 sec. at f 5.

5 Likes

A wonderful pose from this huge animal! I love what the dust has done here to subdue the BG!!

1 Like

I really like this! Maybe some additional warmth and depth on the ellie in post? Like a tad!

1 Like

Another excellent elephant photo, Jagdeep! I like everything about this one. The one foot lifted makes it clear there is motion involved, carrying the grasses adds some nice interest to the scene and the hint of another elephant showing up in the distance behind the dust gives it some added depth perception. Exposure and clarity are exceptional as always with your shots and when I go to the larger version the scene has a strong sense of presence, which is always important to me.

I do have one question though. What was your focal length for the shot? I’ve asked you this before and you reminded me that you were shooting with a prime so the lens label told me all I needed to know. I should have caught that, but this time I noticed that your lens is a 100-500 but you don’t specify what the focal length of the shot was. I like that information because it gives me a clue as to how close you were to the animal which adds to my sense of presence when viewing the image.

Congratulations on another fine shot! :+1:

1 Like

Thanks @Gary_Minish for your kind words !
This was shot at 100 mm.
I was just wondering that if anyone would notice ‘the other elephant’ behind and here you are :grinning: