Asian Elephant

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

An elephant moving forward, which can put any photographer on the back foot.

Specific Feedback

Any

Technical Details

Canon R 5; 200 mm, f 2 lens; ISO 400; 1/200 sec. at f 2.5

This image is from my dream lens Canon 200 mm, f 2, I loved it so much but had to part with it, as I used to fear that if Canon withdraws technical support for this lens, it would be a big loss for me. :pensive:

1 Like

Cute pose. Is the elephant actually leaning to the left? BG and soft lighting are very nice…Jim

1 Like

Jagdeep, the head on view is very striking. I’m thoroughly enjoying the details, especially the “bad hair day” on top of it’s head. I do think that the area just above it’s eyes could stand a bit of burning-in to show the very subtle wrinkles in it. It’s also fun to see it walking along one lane of what looks like a “two track” road.

1 Like

Very fun image. I love that I can see the tail between his legs. He looks to listing a bit to the left but he may also be waddling as he walks causing it to appear he is leaning. I agree about a little bit of a burn on the forehead. Great capture.

1 Like