Attack

I spent about 40 minutes photographing a Mississippi Kite doing all kinds of preening and stretching behaviors. Then out of no where another Kite nailed the one in the tree. They had a battle for just a few seconds as the second bird knocked the first on off the perch. I got this one image of the action. I like it that I can see both of their eyes.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any and all feed back is appreciated.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Canon 7D, Canon 300mm f4 with a 1.4x teleconverter, 420 mm, 1/1500, F5.6, ISO 400, on a tripod

Very cool action, Richard. You might want to trim the left side or maybe even go to a vertical crop as the left side doesn’t have much going on.

I initially tried a vertical crop but it felt really tight to me. It felt like there was no place for the attacking bird to come from. I will go back and try it again. Thanks for the comment and suggestion.

You might try an aspect ratio closer to square like a 6x7.

Hi Richard
Vary nice inter action. I agree with Dennis, cropping in from the left side of the frame, would make this photograph more dramatic. Nice capture.
Peter

Here is a different crop. I appreciate all of the comments.

I like the revised crop, Richard. I’d love to have a chance at this species someday.