Autumn High Water

Hi Mary Lane,

Gorgeous image! Love the vibrance. Maybe it’s just how this is coming across on the web and monitor… but this looks like I could just drag this from my screen and hang onthe wall as either an acrylic or aluminum print - this would be stunning in print!

I hadn’t considered the right, but afte reading Jack’s comments and suggestion, I do think there might be a slight improvement by cropping slightly. I don’t think you’re removing any pertinent info and so I think safe to crop and retain the impact and beauty you’ve captured. Love this autumn image - oh, and you’ve got the unique added feature of the apens a little out of their normal place - in the water! Very cool, great find.

Good question. Most folks who want to engage and who are willing to consider suggestions and work with them, will often re-work and then re-post. It’s a best practice to EDIT your original post, rather than replying i the thread further down. When doing so, edit your original post, rename the title to reflect a repost, such as “Autumn Highwater +RP” or “Autumn Highwater + rework” or similar - that draws attention to members who have either already commented, or not commented yet. Then, while still editing, click on “add image” and simply add your rework to your original post. In your Case, the original image is the first thing a view sees, so you can either post the new version first, OR insert after your original. Either way, be sure and indicate with text to say something like: “Edited version below:” - something to indicate which is the original and which is the reworked version.

Timing wise, it’s up to you. If you think the rework is a big change and you want more feedback on that, then the sooner the better. On the other hand, often times you might want to wait a little bit and let your original get some views and feedback. But no set rules, whatever and whenever you think best. And just to be transparent - there is NOTHING that says you have to rework your image. A simple thank you to those making the suggestions that you appreciate the ideas, etc. etc. We’re not obligated to make changes suggested by anyone! Of course, of course most of the time, the changes are valid and end up improving our images - which is the whole point! :slight_smile:

Here’s a great example post from Bonnie: Fallen at the Edge of a Lake #4 + Rework - Image Critiques / Landscape Critiques - Nature Photographers Network

Hope this helps!