Autumn Whispers

This is the second of the two images shot on that day at the wall of foliage on a rainy day. This one is more intimate than the previous one. Here the idea was an interplay between lines and shapes on a dark background. I think I was attracted here by the hide and seek that nature often plays with us. Those who have foraged for mushrooms know what I’m talking about. I believe this might have been the last one shot during the two hour shoot. I only remember being tired by the time I finished with exploring all the options here. These were not the only leaves in the area and each group had to be considered from various points of views. But I enjoy that sort of thing. It’s part of my ‘flow’ escape. So I’m not complaining.

GFX50R, 45-100mm, Provia Std Profile

Let me know what you think. I have a slightly different crop of this as well but this one looks the better of the two tonight.

6 Likes

I like this image a lot. The composition is great, and so is your treatment of the colors. Your rather long-time search for the best image in an area seems to pay off all the time! In addition to that, I think such a procedures is also very good for our well-being. I have to try to find such slots in my daily life more often!

Love the composition Igor, the S curve of leaves. The subtle , soft early changes in leaf color also contrast nicely with abundant green. Great find, The search is as important as the find in my experience.

1 Like

Igor, this is a very attractive look at these leaves mixed in with the grasses. The shape contrast works well, with the touches of color in the leaves adding well to the view.

Very lovely shapes , colors and textures. Very well seen.

This is a really great composition. The s-shaped curve of the line of leafy plants fading into the grasses is wonderful.

Igor,

Not much new to add, I think the spacing and overall compositional choices you made work very well here. This is wonderful small scene.

1 Like

I’m really enjoying the balance of the composition here. No nits from me!

Really beautiful, Igor. Your extended looks into a scene certainly pay off, and very much so here. The framing is perfect to my eye, and the swooping grasses complement the arrangement of leaves nicely. I really can’t find anything in the way of critique, so I’ll just enjoy looking at this image longer.

1 Like

Exquisite, Igor. Your composition is perfect. I actually mean that; I don’t feel any adjustment could possibly improve it. Very impressed with the overall sharpness as well (focus stack?). You mentioned several times it was a dark afternoon which explains the subdued lighting, but I wonder if a slight increase in light on the leaves might help a little.

Original

Revision

2 Likes

I’m late here and only need to echo all the above positive comments. I’m not sure how you could have an alternate composition to this one – it is classic – both subject and composition! Maybe I missed an earlier post – I’ve been inattentive lately. Will go searching.

1 Like

Beautiful.

Wouldn’t change a thing.

The composition is especially engaging. The three areas of focus ascending the frame and diminishing in volume take me out of the frame and into my own thoughts. The grass is a canvas and a beautiful one.

Much of your work has a serene feeling with low contrasts and placid hues.

Thanks for posting.

1 Like

The composition is indeed perfect. The interplay of the grasses and leaves creates a strong sense of energy and vitality in the image. It does have great “flow”. I wouldn’t change a thing about this one.

Ditto t all else that’s been said. Truly a nice find.

Igor, you’ve developed a nice light touch. I didn’t have to look and see who was responsible for this image, it was obvious. My first thought was to add a bit more highlight as Bill Chambers suggested but on looking at his edit, I think I’d leave it alone. I like that overall this photograph is laid back and lets the composition speak for itself. I also think it works very well with the photograph of the maple leaves you posted last week - elegant and understated. Very nice work, Igor.

2 Likes

I agree with your assessment. The original was actually more like @Bill_Chambers rework and I brought the highlights down. I didn’t want the highlights in those leaves to dominate too much. I wanted the grasses to have their say in the composition. In fact, even the reds and oranges were slightly desaturated as I recall. I also moved to greens slightly from cyan to yellow as well. It’s perceptive of you to notice that. Thanks.

1 Like