Backyard star trail

Description:

During the initial COVID lock downs of 2020, I was missing astro photography. I set up a Timelapse of the night sky in my backyard in the suburbs.

Specific Feedback Requested:

Any feedback welcome

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Is this a composite? (focus stacks or exposure blends are not considered composites)
Stacked over 200 images for this star trail. I’m on the road and don’t have all the technical details for this image. Most likely 16mm f2.8 iso 1600

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

Lovely, Bryan, even the diagonals (spurious lights?). Thanks for again reminding me of what an amazing world we live in.

Very cool image, Bryan. Well done.

I think it was clouds moving across the sky being lit by the houses below

I always enjoy star trails images. This one is a nice example of what’s possible even in the city.

For me, the overall image needs to be darker to look more natural for a night sky image. I pushed this version down some, but maybe even more would be beneficial.

P.S. Your image did not have an embedded color profile so the colors will vary based on the browser and OS for each viewer. It is always best to embed the sRGB color profile in any image for web viewing.