Bad hair day

Jay taking a bath.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Any!

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Any!

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)
Nikon D600, Sigma 120-300mm/2,8 @300, f/3,2, 1/400s, ISO1000

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

I love bathing images, Lennart and this one is a beauty. The pose of the Jay is outstanding and the water droplets are great. You also had some beautiful light. Well done.

I love this pose. The water droplets and the low vantage point make the image really sing. And the soft light is very very beautiful, too. However, the focus plane falls behind the eye of the bird and that is unfortunate, Lennart, otherwise this is a killer image.

A fun image. Excellent light and pose. I do agree with Adhika regarding the full point. I think the shutter speed could be a bit higher but not much. The hot European summer probably draws a lot of birds to your birdbath. I’m not so sure Sweden got his warm as France…

Thanks for your comments! :grinning:

We have a lot of natural water here so a birdbath here doesn´t draw that many birds. They have many alternatives to choose.

A classical one :slight_smile: ! Priceless pose and the water droplets add a lot ! To me, the image seems a little to warm in color tones (too much yellow) - I would try to cool down the colours a bit. Otherwise very pleasant look ! Cheers, Hans

1 Like

Hilarious! You could sell this image to a card maker and put a funny greeting with it! We all have days when we feel like this!

2 Likes

I agree with Kathy Barnhart above. This is great. The focus may be off a millimeter smidge but you just don’t notice it unless you are closely examining it. What you notice is the action and expression which are first rate!

1 Like

I agree with Adhika on everything, Lennart, but the drama and the humor outweighs everything else! :grin: Great capture!