Bald Eagle

I visited a cypress swamp in northwest Tennessee this weekend. We found this eagle perched atop a cypress tree this morning.

Canon 90D, Sigma 150-600 C
ISO 1000, f6.3, 1/1250s, hand held from boat

Any comments appreciated.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

@allensparks.wildlife

First thing that struck me when looking at this image was the contrast between the Eagles plumage and the fall colors. Wonderful composition. Techs look excellent. No nits for me. Good job!

Good detail on the eagle, but I think the tree is what makes this photo for me-quite attractive with fall colors and goes well with the oof background trees/colors. The eagle and tree make for a very appealing composition. Well done.

Truly a regal eagle, on a great perch! My only nit is that the lighter and more colorful BG area in the LL pulls my attention – it looks at first like something OOF in the FG. Not nearly as noticeable in the full-sized image but I wonder about darkening it a bit to match the rest of the BG more closely. That would darken the cypress there but might not be that noticeable.

A beautiful image, Allen. Great autumn colors to complement a beautiful eagle watching his kingdom.
I like the image as presented, but as an alternative I cropped it a bit, to put the eagle more or less on the angle bisector, seen from the LL corner. This results in a few small side branches on the lower edge, that I cloned away. See added image.

1 Like