Barely Starting 2

Here is the more intimate view of the forest shown in my prior post, it’s a different shot that eliminates the foreground apple trees. We’ve had a very cold spring this year that has pushed everything back, so the trees were just beginning to bud out. Taken on a rainy and foggy morning near the Quabbin Reservoir in Massachusetts. To me this image does a better job of showcasing the delicate colors of spring foliage, and is a more subtle view of springs emergence. I also like how the green lichen on the trees mingles with the greens of the background pines.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any critique or comments are welcome.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Canon 5D MK4, Canon 70-200mm f4 lens, at 164mm, ISO 400, 1/8 sec at f11.

7 Likes

The colour sure are subtle and delicate, which I adore. The fog and colour made the chaotic scene a a great image with layers and order.
The green likens and their round shaped creates an imersive secondary pattern of interest.

There’s nothing I would change.
Cheers

Well seen and captured, Ed. The fog adds some nice atmosphere and I like how the yellow buds? play across the scene. No nits from me.

Gorgeous! As I said on your first one from here, I love those pops of yellow, especially they way they follow out the long branches. The subtle colors are beautiful.

Ed, as I saw someone else say in another one of your images…you are the “fog master”. I really enjoy these intimate small scenes of trees which you do.

YES! This is terrific Ed. This image has the same painterly feel of your last post without the attention grabbing foreground. I love the composition you chose for this as well. Very tight and neat with nothing that shouldn’t be in the frame. You have such beautiful, soft light in these shots. I love this as is and I think it’s much improved over your previous post but I did love the Black and White that @Bonnie_Lampley came up with on your first post.

Very much like the overall abstract quality of this. I have a feeling that in sunlight, this would look like chaos. But these conditions created order and patterns that are visually quite appealing.

Beautiful work Ed. It’s really a study of tones with a scattering of yellow sparkle thrown in like fairy dust. The vertical greys give it structure and the color gives it life.

Stunning in it’s simplicity! Well seen and captured.

This is simply a gorgeous piece of work, Ed. The delicate springtime colors are wonderful and the fog creates some beautiful atmospherics and helps simplify the BG woods. The horizontal format is perfect for showcasing the vertical lines of the trees front and center. Everything looks spot on to me. You certainly have made the most of having to stick close to home for the past year.

Nice and simple.
I love the composition you got here; there’s a lot happening there but the composition is well placed.
Nice one.

@Michael_Lowe @Igor_Doncov @Bonnie_Lampley @joaoquintela @Mario_Cornacchione @David_Haynes @Ed_Lowe @J_Fritz_Rumpf @Tony_Kuyper

Thank you all for your comments, I appreciate the input. I agree this works much better than my prior post with the apples trees.