Beauty contest

This is why it’s hard to look where you’re going in the fall. It’s one of my favorite looking up into the trees shot. I remember shuffling around quite a bit to find this composition, trying to get as much blue sky as was possible. That color contrast is so pleasing. Busy, but organized and I think challenging as a puzzle. A good view, too.

Specific Feedback Requested

Open to ideas for next time I try one of these or processing improvements on this one.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Tripod and maybe polarizer, too, but I can’t quite recall.

Lr for basic RAW adjustments. Transform tool to straighten trees a bit and to eliminate a big branch in the URC. Photoshop for some distraction removal and a couple of color masks to do some dodging and burning in the canopy to shape the light.

@the.wire.smith
1 Like

IMHO, Kris, I think this would be a great puzzle. There is enough information in the colors textures and lines to not make me crazy! Besides it is a beautiful fall scene with a wonderful perspective. Your adjustments work for me.

A vibrant autumn scene that would make a great challenging puzzle.

My only suggestion is, do this more often!! And let us enjoy the results! But don’t trip.

Thanks @linda_mellor, @Harley_Goldman & @Diane_Miller - it’s dizzying for sure! Fall color is gone in a blink so I try to get out as much as possible. I do try not to trip over stuff, but it’s hard.

1 Like