Beech Trees

Being new to the PNW, and a native of NY, I at first was kind of bummed that the Autumn wasn’t looking as glorious on the grand scale. But just a block or so from where I lived last year I discovered a small stand of beech trees that I never had seen out East before. And they actually had all of the colors of Fall in one tree!

Specific Feedback Requested

First off, thank you, very much, Eric, for volunteering your time to give critiques on all the images.
I’m not sure about the lower left part. Is it too much green? And anything else. I always appreciate all the feedback on anything!

Technical Details

Nikon D3400, ISO 100, 300mm, 1/6, f6.3….
Slight adjustments in exposure, brightness, contrast. Using Pixelmator Photo for iPad.

2 Likes

Hey Vanessa,

Since the subject of this scene is color, why not cool down the white balance to bring out more colors and have greater variety? It accentuates the subtle structure a little more as well. Try cooling it down and leave it wherever you like it the most, there is a pretty big range here.

Apart from that I don’t have any other suggestions.

Hope this helps!

Your friend,
Eric

1 Like

I like it! Thanks, Eric! The funny thing is that what you did brings it way closer to the original that I had! I think because I’m always told that I need to adjust things that I always try to, even though I don’t really always know why I am, or where it should go. Thanks for taking the time to show me what you did…

1 Like