Big Adobe Updates October 2021

I thought I was going crazy with intersecting adjustments, but it’s just a Lightroom idiosyncrasy.

So I had a Linear Gradient that I wanted to use to lighten and brighten just certain colors in the selected area. Choose the LG tool and place it in the scene, then right click on the mask (or open the menu by clicking the … menu to the right of the mask label) and choose Intersect Mask With. You will get the same list of adjustment tools as in the main menus to create masks. Select Color Range and use the eyedropper tool to select the color you want. I believe you can choose up to five by holding down the shift key. All well and good.

The weird part is if you have the overlay visible it covers the whole image not just where you have the Linear Gradient placed. It confused me to no end until I shifted a slider really far and saw it was only applying the effect in the area I chose. Lightroom shows the effect overlay for the whole image, but only applies it where you want.

Ugh. Why??!! Is their a pulling hair out emoji?

Anyway…just thought I’d share.

@Max_Waugh
Connecting via networking is always going to be slower than using a drive plugged into a port on a pc. Most network connections move in packets of limited size (<1500 bytes) and have to add data to, or strip data from, the different layers of the networking packets depending on which end of the transfer they occur, then be reassembled into a single file at the other end. If you have a drive connected to the pc it comes over in one big transfer. Even a usb-2 is more efficient. Most people don’t have GB speed routers in their homes, which would help if the rest of the system (cables, switches, network cards, non spinning drives (sdd), etc.) supported the speeds.