Bird In a Pond

Photo was taken last fall while I was trying for some fall color bg/reflections. Taken at our local bird sanctuary. I used PS Spot Healing Brush to quickly remove lots of spotty highlights leaving water droplets behind. I got about as low as I could with out laying down in a messy area. And even flat I would still be a couple feet higher than bird.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)
5D4, 500mm, f/4, 1/2000, ISO 400

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

David, Looks like this was taken in sweet light and I like the tones of the image. Nice sharpness on the bird’s head also. The brown in the water seems complimentary to the bird’s color as well. Wishing the reflection wasn’t cut off some. well done.

Thanks Allen. I agree on the reflection. I cut it off in camera. I was really drawn to the water ripples and these little Mallards just look like the happiest little characters around.