Bison

What technical feedback would you like if any?

any

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

any

Any pertinent technical details:

D750, Tamron 150-600mm just came this morning :slightly_smiling_face: f/7.1, ISO-400, 1/200 sec and 600mm hand held. I removed a fence that went across his entire body including his eye, I reconstructed his eye almost completely from scratch with PS.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Good Photoshop work, Michael. If you hadn’t mentioned it, I probably wouldn’t have noticed, though after you did,I can see a bit of a line across the face where the fence went. Having a high powered zoom, it’s always tempting to fill the frame, but in this case I think giving the poor critter some room to breathe would make for a slightly better composition. Excellent detail hand holding 600 mm at 1/200 sec. I don’t know what the noise is like on the D750, but I think I’d go to at least iso 1000 to get a bit more shutter speed.

thanks Dennis, great advice “will do” FYI 750 is amazing if you have only used entry level cameras