Blackbuck at sunset

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

Blackbuck gave me a glance and vanished in a jiffy.

Specific Feedback

Any…

Technical Details

Canon R 5; 500 mm; ISO 8000; 1/1000 sec. at f 7.1

2 Likes

A lovely shot of the antelope Jagdeep, a great angle and what amazing horns.
But the setting/rising sun (assuming that’s what it is), is actually a bit distracting to me, almost too strong, dominating the top of the frame whilst being somewhat indistinct.

1 Like

Hi Jagdeep, I agree with Ryan H. I’d soften the sun. And, if there’s more scene available outside of the image as presented, I might like a bit more space between the blackbuck’s butt and the edge of the image.

1 Like

I love the Blackbuck! I recall seeing them in Gujarat. But I agree with the others that the sun is distracting. Perhaps if you reduced the saturation a bit it would help.

1 Like

A lovely species and a really clean portrait with a very nice sense of depth and a 3d dimensionality to it. The exposure is also great. I do feel that the hue of the reds should be moved a bit more towards yellow/orange as like this it feels a bit unnaturally red. Something like a +8 on the Reds channel and +4 on the Yellows.

Jagdeep, think away the fine exposure of the setting sun and this would just be a portrait like there are millions. I think the sun is vital here and you exposed for the highlights which is what I would do as well. One may discuss about the colour of the setting sun, but only you know what it was like on the spot. Me like.

1 Like