Butterfly 56

Specific Feedback Requested

On the edge of the green there is a red bleed this was in the raw. Any ideas on how to get rid of it?

Technical Details

Lumix G9

1 Like

Steve, I love the position that you caught this beauty, with the flowers and the leaf. Great composition with a very nice BG. I’m not sure what is causing the red rim around the green leaf. It really doesn’t look like chromatic aberration, but it certainly is worth trying to see if that would be what it is. In LR it’s pretty easy to check under the Lens Correction section. It’s not all that bothersome in the image to me, but it would be nice to be able to remove it. Maybe others have a suggestion. I could see calming the brightness on the butterfly just a touch. Still a nice image as presented.

1 Like

I agree with Shirley, Steve, that is a beautiful photograph and framing. I am actually having trouble seeing the red bleed. Amazing color seen here. Well done.

1 Like

Steve, the red bleed looks like reflection of the flowers off the leaf’s edge and it is very subtle. This is a very dramatic and well composed view with it’s saturated colors, high contrast and lots of black. I do notice what looks like extra blackness around the flower at the very top, center.

1 Like

Steve…Like the color combination through the frame and the bg too. Nice and beautifully captured.

Balan Vinod

A very nice shot! I agree that if the leaf edge is an issue, try using chromatic aberration tools in your editor.

The only issue I see is the two black halos around the red flower above the butterfly. This looks like a flash exposure. I get these sometimes when my flash and exposure recipe is too bright when shot against a high-contrast darker background. Easily corrected with flash compensation. This may likely also correct the leaf edge.