Butterfly at the gardens Update 2

I was at the butterfly greenhouse at the botanical gardens today. I was after some closeups of the butterflies and found this small one.

Specific Feedback Requested

Do I need more room here, I did not crop this except from the right side some. Not sure about the blue in the lower right edge.

Technical Details

R7 100-400 ii f/4-5.6 at f/8 iso 1000 1/250 sec HH. This is pretty close so I may have had the closeup lens on this. (I use Adorama Pro Optic 77mm Close-up Lens 500D).

Outstanding detail and lighting on this one, Dean. Ideally a tad more space on the bottom would work (content aware?), but not a deal breaker for me. As far as the LRC, maybe simply doing a bit of vignette would work? Great shot, “wish it were mine” and very nicely done.

Dean, what a great find and capture. I too would like to see just a bit more room at the bottom, and also at the top, but I’m good with it if you don’t have it. If this was mine, I think maybe I would crop a little off the right side (maybe over to where the edge of the right leaf point is cropped out), to give the feeling that there is more room for the butterfly to move on the left side. I am impressed with how quickly you are getting such great shots with your new camera. Wonderful details in the BF.

Thank you for the suggestions @linda_mellor and @Shirley_Freeman. I am amazed how well CW in PS works these days. I added about 5% more on the top and bottom and cropped a bit on the right. I agree Shirley that helped. I also removed some of the highlight on the leaf on the LRC some.

Perfect, Dean. Nice editing!

I like it, Dean. I might would even consider darkening that point of the leaf on the right. I didn’t notice that before, but after the crop it that yellow is a bit distracting. Maybe even a vignette. Anyway, this is a beautiful image, in my opinion.

I fixed the yellow and added a slight vignette, it seemed to help.

1 Like

Dean, this is a wall hanger!

Great job working through to its best. Certainly making use of the new rig.

1 Like