Caddo Egret 45

Full Frame

Critique Style Requested: Initial Reaction

Please share your immediate response to the image before reading the photographer’s intent (obscured text below) or other comments. The photographer seeks a genuinely unbiased first impression.

Questions to guide your feedback

Egert 800 ml lens cropped to the posted image
Very happy with the result also with a very slow shutter which you can see in the feathers

Other Information

Please leave your feedback before viewing the blurred information below, once you have replied, click to reveal the text and see if your assessment aligns with the photographer. Remember, this if for their benefit to learn what your unbiased reaction is.

Image Description

Early morning sunrise just breaking

Hi Steve, initial reaction is that I like the puffed up pose with the hanging moss as a backdrop. I think posting a larger image size of the cropped version would let us see more of how the detail turned out on the bird.

Hi Steve, this cropped image is quite nice. Nicely done. I think the full image is a little hard to get my head around. It sort of looks like a reflection, but then the leaves all look in focus. It’s a little disorienting while the closeup is wonderful.

Cheers,
David

I like your choice of crop, Steve. All the out of focus foliage on the right would really ruin the image. Detail looks good in the cropped image, though I think you could bring up the brightness in the grayer parts of the plumage a bit.