Calendar manufacturers - who do you use?

Calendar manufacturers - who do you use?

(Bill Chambers) #1

I’ve been thinking about producing a calendar for 2020 and I would like to know who are some of the better calendar manufacturers, preferably USA or Canadian manufacturers. Thanks in advance.

(Brian Murphy) #2

My wife uses Shutterfly or Mixbook.

(Paul Breitkreuz) #3

I’ve used Zazzle for many years. A year or two back they made it very easy to carry the calendar over year to year by changing the dates. I’d found it cumbersome to update year to year with building new ones each time. I asked if they could make a change to that process and they did. It works slick and easy to update each year without a complete rebuilding.

(Bill Chambers) #4

Thanks, Paul. I’m not familiar with Zazzle. I’ll check them out.

(Bob Falcone) #5

I’ve been using Vistaprint for years. They do nice work, and customers are happy with them.

(Tony Litschewski) #6

For small runs (couple hundred or less), the best value I’ve found is www.printingcenterusa.com. Sign up for their email and once in a while they have some incredible discounts.

(Max Waugh) #7

I use HP Magcloud, but it’s probably a bit more complicated than other printers.

Magcloud is a self-publishing center (I also publish my annual photo “yearbook” magazine through them). They offer documents in different sizes and bindings, and in some cases they even offer templates. Since I don’t do huge discounted bulk orders in the hundreds, I found it was a good solution for still keeping production prices down (printing back-to-back on pages I can make them for $7+ each, or $5+ if ordering 20 or more), so that I could charge less for my calendars. Plus they can fulfill the orders on an individual basis. The caveat is that I went with an 11x17 spiral-bound template–each page contains an image and a calendar grid–that’s technically not produced as a calendar (there’s no pre-punched hole for hanging, but people can just run a wire through the spiral binding at the top), and I had to create my own design… which must be updated with a new calendar grid each year. I’ve tried their normal 11x8.5 stapled calendars before, and they were pretty flimsy, so I opted for the thicker spiral-bound stock.

Overall, I’m happy with the printing quality. The thick stock and ability for me to insert larger images makes for a more appealing product than I might get from a standard DIY calendar printer.

It’s something I would recommend for folks interested in selling small batches of calendars at a lower price point, but it definitely involves more set-up time and is a bit more hands-on. If you don’t mind paying more for convenience–or if you’re looking at producing a large bulk order–another of the services mentioned here is probably a better way to go.

Max

Back
Forward