Candelilla

I suppose plant lovers go through phases where they have a favorite plant like everyone else. This was my plant during my last stay at Baja. They more often then not will grow right up against a boulder to get any water they can. In this case I think I started with the plant and soon progressed to the rock surface, which I found still more interesting. Hopefully the two go well together in this evening composition. I just worked this over this afternoon, so there has been little time to think about it.

D810 24-70@70mm, iso 64, f/16, 1/3 sec

1 Like

Lots to like here, Igor. It works well against the designs of the sandstone in soft light.

Little time to think about , you say, Igor. I think this is right out of the photographers hart. A peaceful image in the right color and composition to me.

Igor,

A wonderful study - and mostly a wonderful study in light. I love the light on the sandstone - I’m betting reflected/bounced light off of similar sandstone colors… Looks like some soft, direct and dappled like in the sandy foreground too - handled nicely. There’s a lot of “stuff” in the foreground sand, but you know what, the foreground works beautifully - like a supporting cast!

Hard pressed to offer anything critical. This beautifully seen, captured and processed.

Lon

For me the sandstone is the star of the image and the plant the supporting cast. Together they make a beautiful combination. Well done.

When you’re right you’re right.

The warm evening glow on the rock makes a great BG for the desert plant. Simple and effective.
:vulcan_salute:

This is very nice! I’d recommend darkening the top left corner a bit. That’s all though!

Big fan of this. I like it as is. Well done!

There is definitely some synergy between the plant and the rock here Igor. Each has its own color and texture, but they mesh very well together. The light here is very special as well, I’m really enjoying the glow. I also like how you have some secondary plants in the LRC, they add some character as well. My only nit would be to clone away the small dark branch that merges with the bottom edge of the image. Very nice work…