Cave Point Path

This image is one I made quite a while back now. It was a fall trip to Door County WI. and a place called Cave Point which is a wonderful location right on the cliffs above Lake Michigan. Early morning fog off the lake and filtered sunlight made for a wonderful feel to me. When I saw how the path split I knew I wanted to work on a composition to capture this scene and mood.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Any thoughts welcome.

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)
I’ll have to go back and look for my larger files to get more info but this was shot with a Canon 1DSMK2 and 24-105 L lens and most likely f/16 and ISO 100.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

I though I was putting this in the weekly challenge (Paths) but kind of looks like it might be in Hi-Key instead. Not sure what I did.

Hi Nick, thanks for dropping by. This is a lovely look at this forest path with the fog in the distance. The greens have a fine, inviting glow. In WC, you can post anything at any time, however, each theme lasts for only a week, Sunday midnight (Eastern time) to Saturday 11:59. This does fit the Paths theme, (or the Fog theme), but the timing of your post has it in the High-Key time window.

1 Like

Very fine image, Nick. The light, colour and sense of depth are exceptional, the composition intriguing - being based on the forked paths yet having the eye drawn into different parts of the scene by the sway of the tree trunks.

1 Like

Mark, Thank You and thanks too for the clarification. Much appreciated.

Ian, Thank you! Much appreciated.