Image 1

Image 2

Image 3

Image 4

Image 5

Image 6

Image 7

Project Description

I have never posted a “project” before on NPN and am not sure what it should be. But when I processed some of my many images of Chaffinches in Scotland, I realized they tell a good, and colorful, story of the kerfuffle that occurs when many birds compete for the same source of food.

Self Critique

I find these images truly enjoyable for the way they invoke so much interaction between these beautiful birds as they compete for food. The only way I think one can improve on such a scene is to just go back to this or a similar place and take, take and take more images hoping to capture more great interaction in these very fast moving, brief moments of bird encounters.

Creative Direction

I hope the collection gives the viewer the sense of tension and movement that I have tried to convey.

Specific Feedback

Any feedback would be very much appreciated. Thank you all in advance.

Intent of the project

Just for fun

2 Likes

It is fun. Birds squabble over the least things sometimes. The opening shot is so balanced and I love the different shapes the birds present. The third featuring feeding behavior is maybe my favorite. In keeping with the odd number theme, the fifth is really excellent, too. I love the weightless feeling it conveys.

One thing I would address is the varying color temperatures and white balances if you want a more cohesive presentation. Just for fun hits it perfectly!

1 Like