Channel in Cypress Swamp II

Here is a spot in the swamp channel where the trees opened up a little more and the gray sky reflected more on the water. This splits the image in two with the cypress trees lining either side. The lighter portion of the reflection shows our obvious path to exit the channel. Again, any comments on composition or other elements are appreciated.

Canon 7D2, 24-105L IS
ISO 640, f8, 1/80s, hand held from boat

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

@allensparks.wildlife

I definitely want to paddle down this channel in my kayak!

Hi Allen, as always, you take us to some beautiful back country. This scene juxtaposes wilderness with very formal composition, which I am enjoying.
The image is quite tiny, so it seems that a lot of detail is lost during jpg conversion.
I wanted to play with it, and came up with only two thoughts. First, the trees and horizon seem to be canted to the right a little, so I rotated the image slightly. I also noted the flat tonality of the scene. That created a subdued effect, but as I applied a global contrast curve, I saw not only tonality and depth jump, but a lot of autumn colors come forth. Choices, choices …

@Mark_Seaver, @Dick_Knudson,
Thank you for the comments!
Dick, you’ve made the image really pop. I’ll definitely go back and try out your suggestions. Thanks!
I uploaded the image as a 1200x1800 - don’t know why it is displaying so small.

Folks tend, I think, to post full size but with jpg quality set to about 6.