Clouds over Lake George

While crossing Florida’s Lake George in Mike Ramy’s boat on a cloudy day, I was struck by the similarity between the sky, the water and the tiny strip of darkness that the far shore created. I also like the subtle structures in both the clouds and the water.

5D3, 24-105 F4 IS II @ 85mm, 1/1000s, f/14, iso 800

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
1 Like

Mark, this is an excellent example for the WC here on this latest theme. The point you make about the one single thread of darkness on the horizon does a perfect job as a dividing line there. The water and sky provides little contrast between the two making the singular color idea work so well also…:+1:

I like this image quite a bit Mark, but you might consider darkening the top a bit. I think that would help pull the eye to the center.

Awesome image Mark. Simple is almost always good. This is simple, but as you mention, the similarity - or - contrast with the texture and detail top and bottom is intriguing. Kudos to you for pulling out the camera on this one.

Certainly “overcast drab” is a color? JK - image isn’t about color anyway, but one terrific WC entry.

Lon

I love the subtle shadings in this image, Mark. The subtlety of the cloud detail is particularly appealing.

When I saw Lake George I thought this was taken in NY, Mark. That strip of land along the horizon does a superb job of separating the cool tones in the sky from those of the water. I could see darkening the sky just a bit as Dan mentioned, but that might negate the peaceful mood you captured here. Really nice image.