Composite of 2 Images taken at Grand Teton N.P. with added snow and holiday lights

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

I was traveling through Grand Teton N.P. in September of 2019. As a photographer, T. A. Moulton’s barn was a must see stop for me. I was hoping to shoot that iconic scene with the snow covered mountains in the background. On that day there was light rain and the mountains were completely obscured by clouds. I took my photos and continued my drive north. A little while later we stopped at a pull out and I took a photo of the mountains you see in the background of this image. In addition to blending the two photographs, I added the snow to the scene. In 2021, I mailed this composite image to my friends as a holiday greeting.

Technical Details

I used a Canon 80D with the EFS 55-250 lens. The barn and the mountains were shot at 55mm, 1/250 sec, f10, ISO 320.

1 Like

Great job creating the composite, Brian. It looks seamless to me.

1 Like

Nicely done! The snow is perfect, and I like how the lights are not too bright, matching the quiet tones of the rest of the image. The snowy grasses in front of the building could maybe be toned down a tich? I also like the fog line across the upper third that lightly touches the crown of the barn. Perfect Christmas card!