Coromandel Damsel

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

This one was quiet after a heavy meal, a double sized cricket was its food.

Technical Details

6D2, 180, ext, 1.4, Flash with diffuser, f14

1 Like

A very high impact image, Balan, with those huge eyes and relatively skinny legs. I like the relatively shallow depth of field, but I do think it would be even more impressive if the eyes were the point of focus or there was just a little more depth. The composition is excellent.

Balan, I like the greens of the plant matching some of the green in the eyes of the Damsel. For me, I think a square crop would support the centered subject better. But that is me personally. These little guys are very skittish, so I think you did a wonderful job getting a face on shot of her with just details in the eyes. I think you did a great job with the lighting as well.

Those eyes. . …just can’t get over them , Balan. Love how the eyes and the foliage work together, I like to think you planned it that way! Also, looks like from the perspective, he has a hat on. . .although I would guess it is the rest of his body. Love the angle too. Nicely seen.

1 Like