Dragon and Dew

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

I know its been a while. …a very long while,…and hoping to get back to posing images. Should I say that the dragon fly is the image …or is it the dew drops…

Balan

Technical Details

180 mm Tamron with extn @6.3

I really like all of the dew drops on the dragonfly’s eyes Balan. You got great detail coming through of the eye facets and nice colors. I don’t know if your camera can do stacking, but this seems like it would have been an excellent candidate for stacking.

I think it’s the dewdrops on the dragonfly eyes that are the subject, Balan. That part of the image is just gorgeous. I just wish it hadn’t been hanging onto that stalk that crosses in front of it. Still, those eyes are just incredible as magnified by the dew.

Balan, good to see a post from you, it has been a while. I too think that the magnification of the eye facets by the dew drops is the subject…those are amazing.

Balan: Welcome back and what a great find. I have never discovered a dew covered dragon fly so I’m envious. Terrific detail in the eye which would be a great abstract just on its own. Nicely done. >=))>