One Drop

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

Its been a while, so pulled out a ultra macro pic that I had taken a year or so back . Gave in additional lighting. Getting the big drop cut off the wings

Balan Vinod

Technical Details

6D2, 70-200, ext, raynox

Oh wow, Balan, what a shot! I love the colors too! I like the position of the wings on the DF making the composition so well balanced. The dark BG makes everything stand out nicely. Such nice details where needed, and those water drops are really nice. Well done, and for me I can’t think of anything that would improve the shot.

Wonderful super-closeup! Wonderful detail, colors and pose. The big drop is all that counts here – the wings can be cut off with no problem! I think a subtle burn at the edges would make the center stand out even more. I wonder how you feel about removing or burning down the brighter fragment at the bottom? It’s a bit of an eye-pull.

Very cool, Balan. I love all the drops and you managed a very respectable depth of field for that kind of macro shot. This is the kind of image where I wish we had circular sensors-the corners aren’t at all necessary in this image.

Amazing detail, Balan. The details in the drops are incredible, but what I keep coming back to are the eyes and whatever part it is next to the eyes. They sort of look like large ears. The face just makes me smile. I do agree with @Diane_Miller about burning down the brighter element (leaf?) at the bottom. Your Raynox lens does a great job of getting in close. Nicely done.

Balan: Great POF and a marvelous result. X marks the spot indeed. Most excellent! >=))>